With the 15th annual Blues ‘n’ Buffet Chili Challenge less than 5 weeks away, the heat is on with silent auction preparations.
We’ve started organizing what we have to date (some pretty cool stuff I will say) but we can still use the help to gather more to make this the best event yet.
Not sure how you can help? Well, here are some ideas for things we can use to make some of the best baskets yet.
- Pre-made gift baskets – food baskets, pet items, entertainment packages, sports, car racing, crafting items, anything goes
- Tropical theme items – we have some on hand that would combine nicely with any new contributions, Hawaiian print shirts go well
- Garden, patio and outdoor items – who isn’t thinking about the outdoors come about March?
- Wine or beer – we have some pretty neat wine theme items that will benefit from an added bottle of wine
- Sports themed items – any Iowa college items always go over great (and hey, how about those Panthers?)
- Gift certificates for just about anything – restaurants, theaters, sports events, car maintenance, anwhere you’ll be headed out to over the next few weeks, don’t be afraid to ask
(Note – if you’d like an official donation request letter, let me know, I can supply you with that)
- Gift cards you’ve received, but not sure you can use? We’d love ’em.
- Anything really – I hope by the weekend to publish a list of what we already have, perhaps that will give you some inspiration.
Our community has always been so generous and creative when it comes to supporting our causes, and I want you to know how much it is truly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your support, and please let me know of any questions.
The Blues-Buffett 2015 Committee
Plan now to attend the Blues N Buffett Chili Challenge Sunday March 5th, 2015!